Project Seafire/Typhoon

Everything Aviation
Martin Page

Re: Project Seafire/Typhoon

Post by Martin Page » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:02 am

I'm not really set up for photography and usually push my iPhone to the limits. I need to invest in a white background as things seem to look a lot better on the kitchen roll but on saying that the ones I took at Euro Expo are excellent so could be a light issue. I will have a play when I get some more time and report back on my findings, I also have a proper camera so maybe a bit of flash might help things. I struggle on club nights as well but have always put that down to those god awful tables we have, tricky stuff this photography but worse when it lets your final reveal down.

Alan Blyth

Post by Alan Blyth » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Just like real things, model things look different in different light. Which versions are 'Correct' is above my pay grade!

Eric Sanger

Post by Eric Sanger » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:40 pm

It was never meant as a criticism of your technique - I've seen the same thing in published books - merely a statement of fact that this often occurs.
You can debate and philosophise endlessly about what "true colour" is, there are so many things which affect how we see things. Trouble is there are so many people in the modelling world who are very dogmatic about the authentic colour of things and they're usually the ones judging your entry in competitions.
And yes Chris a camera with all the controls it possesses is superior to a phone camera and will give you better results every time.

Martin Page

Post by Martin Page » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:22 am

It's OK Eric, didn't take it as criticism...