September themed competition

Competition news, results and discussion
Eric Sanger

September themed competition

Post by Eric Sanger » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:00 pm

at last I've had the time to sort out the results of the "Wicked women and Good men" theme competition; the results are as announced on the night i.e.
1st "Bishop" by Simon O'Connell
2nd "Warhawk" Steve Welch (I'm not sure that Warhawk is a term used in relation to women and I might have disallowed it on the night had I got there in time - you got away with one there, unless you can prove otherwise)
3rd "Cutty Sark" Alan Blyth

thanks to Simon Heathwood for doing the job on the night and I fear it may not be the last as I will struggle to attend meetings in future and am considering resigning after this years championship; but we shall see.
Finally a moan (what else) in a club that used to be known as the "3 Brians" (now we have none) it was de rigeur to put your surname on a competition entry form. We currently have two Simons; there may e more duplications in the future. one aircraft entry was just marked Simon so I assume it was Mr O'Connell although in this case I can blame his proxy for this.
so please in future SURNAMES on all entries; I know most of you do anyway, just for the few who don't.
Hope to see you all at the October meeting.

Chris Walker

Re: September themed competition

Post by Chris Walker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:03 pm

Eric,

I thought the Bishop was by Simon H. thus setting off surreal email conversation where I congratulated him on it, so I agree wholeheartedly about the need for surnames!

I think Steve's P-40 qualifies because it was from the AVG's 3rd. squadron, known as Hell's Angels.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... s_1942.jpg

Alan Blyth

Post by Alan Blyth » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:48 am

The Bishop was definitely Simon Connell.

Eric Sanger

Post by Eric Sanger » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:40 am

"Hell's Angels" is acceptable - but you should have put it on the entry ticket to clear up any misunderstanding.
anyway well done Steve/ Squelchy.

Eric Sanger

Post by Eric Sanger » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:37 pm

sorry Simon I don't know why I added the O' to your name. I won't do it again

Eric Sanger

Post by Eric Sanger » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:46 am

a month on and I still haven't seen any pictures from this competition.
did nobody take any or have you just forgotten to post them?

Alan Blyth

Post by Alan Blyth » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:35 am

I didn't take any but I have mine and Simon O'Connoly's and will photograph them and post soon.

Eric Sanger

Post by Eric Sanger » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:39 pm

That'll be great Alan. I think that our competition prize-winners should be immortalized by a photo or 2.
Hopefully someone will record the winners of the Group Build and Open competitions in November and December respectively.
if you're going to Telford have a great time and I hope you get what you want there, even if you didn't know you wanted it in the first place.